Thursday, July 25, 2013

A choice 7 years ago has lead us to NM

Early in my husbands career we made a choice to begin moving so that he could "climb the ladder" with his company. That was 7 years ago and here we are three cities and three houses later in Rio Rancho, NM. I never thought I'd live anywhere that wasn't Texas nor did I ever imagine trying to raise a family away from our family. We have been so fortunate to have found a great church family, and great friends. As I entered into mommy hood I was able to meet other moms through a breast feeding support group and later a MOPS group. My friendships have changed and these new mom friendships keep me going.

The transition from working to staying at home was very easy for me. I think that if I had still been in San Antonio where I had a job that took up 50+ hours a week I'm not sure the transition would have been easy. The last job I had before giving birth was a contract position that I had slowly gone from 30-20 hours a week in preparation of the birth of our first son. Sometimes I do miss working at an office but then my AJ will smile just the right way to where I'm so thankful I get experience every moment with him.

I absolutely cherish every moment that I have with my AJ, and I am slowly learning how to run a household. It is intimidating as I'm always afraid of making a mistake. Thankfully I have a very understanding husband and baby boy that adores me.

No comments:

Post a Comment